Pre-application Advice for Ordinary Watercourse Consent

  • About this form
  • Site location
  • Description and purpose of the proposed works
  • Applicant details
  • Declaration and payment
  • Summary of your Pre-application Advice for Ordinary Watercourse Consent

About this form

This form is to request a pre-application review and advice for works to ordinary watercourses. This is a chargeable service with the fees below. Please note that this is not to be used to submit a formal application for consent.

Review and advice will include:

  • specific advice on what you need to consider for the proposed works on your site
  • advice about the level of detail we need from you, in order for us to validate the application

There is an initial charge of £70 (+VAT) which covers review of information and a written response.

There is an additional charge of £62 (+VAT) per hour to cover additional work including any meetings or site visits. An estimate of cost, based on proposed time, will be provided to the applicant before any work commences.

Privacy Notice

  • Hampshire County Council collects information about you to provide you with Ordinary Watercourse Consent Pre-Application Advice
  • We will use the information to establish where the works will take place and to be able to contact you regarding our advice
  • The legal basis for our use of this information where it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest is the exercise of official authority vested in the County Council
  • We may share your personal information with the Environment Agency, Natural England and your local district Council
  • We will keep your personal information for 6 months or until such time as the case is closed / resolved
  • You have some legal rights with respect to the personal information we collect from you. Please see our Data Protection page for further details
  • You can contact the County Council’s Data Protection Officer at
  • If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office

For more about how we use your information, see our privacy notice.